tannat

Tannat

Not so much a blog; just lots of books

The Mirror Empire: Worldbreaker Saga 1
Kameron Hurley
Leviathan Wakes
James S.A. Corey, Jefferson Mays
Life: An Unauthorised Biography: A Natural History of the First Four Thousand Million Years of Life on Earth
Richard Fortey
Progress: 274/371pages
Moby-Dick: or, The Whale (Penguin Classics)
Herman Melville
Progress: 68/501pages

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson

Series: Millennium #1

I’m not sure how to describe this book. It was mystery and a thriller and I didn’t particularly like any of the characters, but I still had fun with it. I know I complained about it at about the 80% mark but it did finish off with a more upbeat resolution so I think I can confidently assert that I liked the book even though I didn’t like everything about it.

I did quite like the fact that it turned out that it was Harriet who kept sending Henrik Vanger pressed flowers on his birthday and not her killer. I still don’t feel like rating it higher because of the cat, however.

(show spoiler)

Anyway, I’m more enthusiastic about reading the rest of the series now, so I’ll probably be picking up the next one eventually.

I read this for booklikes-opoly Paradise Pier #30 “Read a book with a twist or that is tagged as ‘suspense’ on GR, or that has more than 555 pages”. It meets the first two criteria, although I think some paperback editions were printed with more than 555 pages. I’m counting it as 480 pages though, so I’m adding another $5 to my bank balance, bringing the total to $109. I feel like I’m getting behind.

Previous updates: