tannat

Tannat

Not so much a blog; just lots of books

In the Bleak Midwinter: A Clare Fergusson/Russ Van Alsyne Novel
Progress: 22%
Le premier jour
Marc Levy
Progress: 180/496pages
Moby-Dick: or, The Whale (Penguin Classics)
Herman Melville
Manifold: Time
Stephen Baxter, Chris Schluep
Progress: 99/480pages
The Long War
Stephen Baxter, Terry Pratchett
Progress: 68/501pages

A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan

A Natural History of Dragons: A Memoir by Lady Trent - Kate Reading, Marie Brennan

Series: The Memoirs of Lady Trent #1

I've been meaning to read this for quite a while, so when I saw it in my library's overdrive offerings, I figured it would make a good choice for my next audiobook (I seem to find it so much easier to get through audiobooks these days). Now I can finally return the print copy that my friend lent me...

Anyway, what we have here is a retrospective story of the main character's early days after having led a prestigious career as a natural historian who specialized in dragons. The world is a Victorian clone with different place names (England is Scirland and so on) and with actual dragons in the world.

I think this probably worked better for me as an audiobook, so I think I'll be continuing the series that way. I thought it was pretty good, and the MC thought trousers felt weird the first time she put them on (I'm referring to the trope of the woman wearing trousers for the first time finding them comfortable that I brought up in one of the 24 Festive Tasks task), but I just don't have much to say about it.