tannat

Tannat

Not so much a blog; just lots of books

In the Bleak Midwinter: A Clare Fergusson/Russ Van Alsyne Novel
Progress: 22%
Le premier jour
Marc Levy
Progress: 180/496pages
Moby-Dick: or, The Whale (Penguin Classics)
Herman Melville
Manifold: Time
Stephen Baxter, Chris Schluep
Progress: 99/480pages
The Long War
Stephen Baxter, Terry Pratchett
Progress: 68/501pages

November 2017 Wrap-Up

November was a slower month for me, with only 11 books (3 audiobooks) but some of that was because I was sick and either didn't do much of anything or watched more TV than usual. Plus I keep starting new books without finishing the previous ones.

I had a few disappointments, as you can see from the ratings, but my reread of the first two books of the Split Worlds series (recommended for urban fantasy fans who aren't looking for thinly disguised romance novels) as well as Infidel helped make my month. I should probably give an honourable mention to Footsteps in the Dark too since the banter was so fun.

Average rating: 3.1 stars

4 stars

Between Two Thorns - Emma Newman Infidel - Kameron Hurley Any Other Name - Emma Newman

3.5 stars

Leviathan Wakes - James S.A. Corey,Jefferson Mays Footsteps in the Dark - Georgette Heyer  Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race - Margot Lee Shetterly

3 stars

The Chatter of the Maidens - Alys Clare From Eve to Evolution: Darwin, Science, and Women's Rights in Gilded Age America - Kimberly A. Hamlin

2 stars

Forensics: What Bugs, Burns, Prints, DNA and More Tell Us About Crime - Val McDermid  Le cas des casiers carnassiers - Patrick Senécal

1.5 stars