tannat

Tannat

Not so much a blog; just lots of books

Sex at Dawn: The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality
Cacilda Jethá, Christopher Ryan, Allyson Johnson, Jonathan Davis
God's War
Kameron Hurley
Progress: 101/286pages
Within the Hollow Crown: A Valiant King's Struggle to Save His Country, His Dynasty, and His Love
Margaret Campbell Barnes
Progress: 12/333pages
Moby-Dick: or, The Whale (Penguin Classics)
Herman Melville
The Long War
Stephen Baxter, Terry Pratchett
Progress: 68/501pages

Undecided on Paradise Pier 30

World Without End - Ken Follett The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson The A.B.C. Murders (Hercule Poirot, #13) - Agatha Christie Ashes of the Elements  - Alys Clare

Help!

As part of my weekend rolls, I landed on Paradise Pier 30. At first I thought the easiest thing would be to read a book that has more than 555 pages, but the one that I was thinking of (that I have a paper copy of) is a thousand page brick to lug around: World Without End by Ken Follett. The others are all ebooks, and although I'm pretty sure they'd all qualify, I'm not sure I want to use them for that square.

So I tried paging through books tagged as "suspense" on GR to see if anything was on my to-read shelf and it looks like The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson is an option since it's currently available at my library. Most of the other options that were on my shelves I've already read.

Most mystery books should probably have a twist but it's a little hard to tell in advance. If it's not too much Poirot in a row, I could try The A.B.C. Murders or I could try another mystery like Ashes of the Elements by Alys Clare.

So, would anyone care to weigh in? Should I go for the $10 prize or stick to something a little less weighty?

Edit: My other long but less weighty choices:

The Lamp of the Wicked - Phil Rickman  Cibola Burn - James S.A. Corey  Dragonfly Falling - Adrian Tchaikovsky