tannat

Tannat

Not so much a blog; just lots of books

In the Bleak Midwinter: A Clare Fergusson/Russ Van Alsyne Novel
Progress: 22%
Le premier jour
Marc Levy
Progress: 180/496pages
Moby-Dick: or, The Whale (Penguin Classics)
Herman Melville
Manifold: Time
Stephen Baxter, Chris Schluep
Progress: 99/480pages
The Long War
Stephen Baxter, Terry Pratchett
Progress: 68/501pages

Snakes & Ladders Update Post 9

In which I wait to finish a book that fits a square (Lies Sleeping for urban fantasy) so that I can roll two dice and land on a snake...twice (well the second time I wasn't waiting since I was using up already read books)....then get stuck on a ladder.

I resorted to tracing my recent past in red because it got confusing (starts at square 82 and ends at 68).

1. Author is a woman: Ruler of the Night by David Morrell [1 die = 3]
4. Published in 2019: Graphene by Les Johnson & Joseph E. Meany [1 die = 1]
5. Published in 2018The World in a Grain by Vince Beiser [2 dice = 8]

13. Author is a manA Necessary End by Peter Robinson [2 dice = 7]

20. Set in a country that is not your country of residenceA Dedicated Man by Peter Robinson [ladder]

70. Something related to fall/autumn on the cover: The Hanging Valley by Peter Robinson [1 die = 6]

76. Set in a world with magic: Jade City by Fonda Lee [1 die = 6]

80. Main character is a man: The Royal Art of Poison by Eleanor Herman [1 die = 2]

82. Genre: urban fantasy: Lies Sleeping by Ben Aaronovitch [2 dice = 5]

87. Snake - go back to 57

57. Was published more than 50 years ago: Changing Planes by Ursula K Le Guin [1 die = 5]

62. Cover is more than 50% green: "A" is for Alibi by Sue Grafton [2 dice = 3]

65. Snake - go back to 52

52. Has a tree or flower on the cover: Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik (they're tiny but there are trees on the cover) [2 dice = 10]

62. Cover is more than 50% green: The Tropic of Serpents by Marie Brennan [1 die = 6]

68. Something related to weddings on the cover

Um...if you're on a ladder, do you have to read something that fits the square, or can you read any book? Because I'm going to be stuck a long time if I have to read something related to weddings on the cover (too bad I already used Spinning Silver because the coins would have worked).