tannat

Tannat

Not so much a blog; just lots of books

The Grace Year
Kim Liggett
The New Voices of Science Fiction
Jamie Wahls, Sarah Pinkser, Vina Jie-Min Prasad, Rebecca Roanhorse, S. Qiouyi Lu, Darcie Little Badger, Kelly Robson, Nino Cipri, Amal El-Mohtar, Sam J. Miller, E. Lily Yu, Alice Sola Kim, Suzanne Palmer, Alexander Weinstein, Rich Larson
Progress: 13%
Progress: 22%
Le premier jour
Marc Levy
Progress: 180/496pages
Moby-Dick: or, The Whale (Penguin Classics)
Herman Melville
Manifold: Time
Stephen Baxter, Chris Schluep
Progress: 99/480pages
The Long War
Stephen Baxter, Terry Pratchett
Progress: 68/501pages

The Grave's a Fine and Private Place by Alan Bradley (audiobook)

The Grave's a Fine and Private Place: A Flavia de Luce Novel - Alan Bradley

Series: Flavia de Luce #9

Another good installment of the Flavia de Luce series. This time Flavia is on holiday when she finds a dead body, so at least we're expanding the scope beyond the environs of Bishop's Lacey (sp?). This felt a little more solid than the last, so I'm bumping it up half a star. I wasn't sure it was quite worth four full stars, however.

I'd like to use this for one of the 24 Festive Tasks books, but I'm not sure whether it would best fit. I don't think I can make changes to any of the my already "called" door books, so I could maybe make an argument that some of those squiggles on the cover are water for Door 10 (Bon om Touk), or I think I can fairly confidently say that Flavia is a strong female character for Door 16 (Human Rights Day). I think calling this cover green would be pushing it, though, so those doors are out.