tannat

Tannat

Not so much a blog; just lots of books

The Grace Year
Kim Liggett
The New Voices of Science Fiction
Jamie Wahls, Sarah Pinkser, Vina Jie-Min Prasad, Rebecca Roanhorse, S. Qiouyi Lu, Darcie Little Badger, Kelly Robson, Nino Cipri, Amal El-Mohtar, Sam J. Miller, E. Lily Yu, Alice Sola Kim, Suzanne Palmer, Alexander Weinstein, Rich Larson
Progress: 13%
Progress: 22%
Le premier jour
Marc Levy
Progress: 180/496pages
Moby-Dick: or, The Whale (Penguin Classics)
Herman Melville
Manifold: Time
Stephen Baxter, Chris Schluep
Progress: 99/480pages
The Long War
Stephen Baxter, Terry Pratchett
Progress: 68/501pages

Death Qualified by Kate Wilhelm (audiobook)

Death Qualified - A Mystery of Chaos - Kate Wilhelm, Anna Fields

Series: Barbara Holloway #1

The courtroom drama portion was interesting, but the later part of the book fell pretty flat, especially the ending. I'm not sure if I'll bother picking up any of the rest of in the series. Basically, Barbara Holloway is defending Nell Kendricks, who is accused of murdering her estranged husband (after he's been off the grid for 7 years), but after the trial the story takes a bit of a nosedive. The romance definitely didn't bring much to the table either.

I was thinking of counting this for Halloween Bingo, but I'm not sure for which square. I was thinking of maybe "Terror in a small town" because several of the main characters live out in a small community in the woods, basically, but I'm not sure if it's a bit of a stretch. There's always the Free Square, of course.

Edit: I've decided to use this for the Free Square.