tannat

Tannat

Not so much a blog; just lots of books

Penric's Demon
Progress: 22%
Le premier jour
Marc Levy
Progress: 180/496pages
Moby-Dick: or, The Whale (Penguin Classics)
Herman Melville
Progress: 68/501pages

Before Mars by Emma Newman

Before Mars - Emma Newman

Series: Planetfall #3

This is the third book in the loosely connected series that started off with Planetfall. Here Anna Kubrin, an artist and geologist sent to Mars, discovers a series of unsettling incongruities that makes her think that either there's some sort of conspiracy going on or she's losing her mind. Things like a foot print found where supposedly no one's ever been, things packed strangely, and a fake wedding ring. It also starts to seem like the base AI is doctoring data.

This book was pretty intense, and I quite enjoyed it, although I guess I'm a little disappointed that all the clues were so well laid out that I could more or less guess what had happened (my original theory was mostly right).

I'm definitely looking forward to the fourth book, which looks to ratchet things up yet another notch. Oh, and another cool aspect of the book is how Newman explored post partum depression and a non-stereotypical mother who struggles with motherhood.

I'm counting this for the "New Release" square for Halloween Bingo because it was release in April 2018.

Previous updates: