tannat

Tannat

Not so much a blog; just lots of books

The Grace Year
Kim Liggett
The New Voices of Science Fiction
Jamie Wahls, Sarah Pinkser, Vina Jie-Min Prasad, Rebecca Roanhorse, S. Qiouyi Lu, Darcie Little Badger, Kelly Robson, Nino Cipri, Amal El-Mohtar, Sam J. Miller, E. Lily Yu, Alice Sola Kim, Suzanne Palmer, Alexander Weinstein, Rich Larson
Progress: 13%
Progress: 22%
Le premier jour
Marc Levy
Progress: 180/496pages
Moby-Dick: or, The Whale (Penguin Classics)
Herman Melville
Manifold: Time
Stephen Baxter, Chris Schluep
Progress: 99/480pages
The Long War
Stephen Baxter, Terry Pratchett
Progress: 68/501pages

Waistcoats & Weaponry by Gail Carriger (audiobook)

Waistcoats & Weaponry - Gail Carriger, Moira Quirk

Series: Finishing School #3

This one was fun like other ones. Sopronia is a little bit older and focusing just a little bit on her boy troubles, but it wasn't terribly annoying. A couple of werewolves did get called "hirsute interlopers", which I found amusing. Without giving anything away, things seem to have gotten quite shaken up by the end of the novel, so I'm curious to see how things are like in the next one. I'm not sure if she can top stealing a train, however.

I'm tempted to hold off listening to the fourth book until September, however, in case I can use it for one of my Halloween squares. I'm not sure whether I'd be able to use it for Baker Street Irregulars though, since although Sophronia is a teenager, I'm not sure if her "mysteries" would count. She's generally investigating and looking into something but it's not necessarily a "crime". Or not an obvious one, anyway.