tannat

Tannat

Not so much a blog; just lots of books

Mechanique: A Tale of the Circus Tresaulti
Genevieve Valentine
Mr. Churchill's Secretary (Audio)
Wanda, Donada Peters McCaddon, Susan Elia MacNeal, Donada Peters
Progress: 33/585minutes
Thief of Time (Discworld, #26)
Terry Pratchett
Progress: 22%
Le premier jour
Marc Levy
Progress: 180/496pages
Moby-Dick: or, The Whale (Penguin Classics)
Herman Melville

Broken Homes by Ben Aaronovitch (audiobook)

Broken Homes: A Rivers of London Novel - Ben Aaronovitch, Kobna Holdbrook-Smith

Series: Rivers of London/Peter Grant #4

A reread, of course, but one spent trying to figure out if clues to the twist at the end could be picked out. Some things can be read differently if you take into account the ending but I couldn't find anything blatant. No wonder the ending was so much of a shock the first time around.

A murder leads, through a circuitous route (naturally), to an investigation in a tower block where Leslie and Peter take a flat where they take Toby out for walkies as a cover for investigating. Spoilers, spoilers, more Faceless Man stuff and a fun read, especially with Kobna Holdbrook-Smith as the narrator.

Because my copy of The Furthest Station still hasn't arrived, I'm counting this for the "Darkest London" square for the Halloween Bingo. In could also be used for the squares "Murder Most Foul", "Witches" (Varvara is called a night witch), and "Supernatural". I'm not sure whether the trees in the tower garden would count towards "In the dark, dark woods" but they do play a significant role in the story.