Not so much a blog; just lots of books

All Good Things: The Split Worlds - Book Five
Judas Unchained
Peter F. Hamilton, John Lee
How To Be a Victorian
Ruth Goodman
Moby-Dick: or, The Whale (Penguin Classics)
Herman Melville
Manifold: Time
Stephen Baxter, Chris Schluep
Progress: 99/480pages
The Long War
Stephen Baxter, Terry Pratchett
Progress: 68/501pages

Whispers Underground by Ben Aaronovitch (audiobook)

Whispers Under Ground  - Ben Aaronovitch, Kobna Holdbrook-Smith

Series: Peter Grant #3

More fun with Peter Grant via the voice of Kobna Holdbrook-Smith.

Although the story kicks off with Peter and Leslie investigating the haunting of a rail tunnel at Abigail's behest, Peter quickly finds himself investigating the death of an American art student found stabbed in the back with a shard of magical pottery in the Underground. This leads us to meet Zack, another great character and the one who starts calling the policemen from the Folly the Isaacs (for Isaac Newton, naturally).

Peter also gets to showcase some of his police professionalism during interrogations and we get introduced to the Suspicious Behaviour Bingo Card, which I find a lot of fun.

I'm thinking about using this for one of my Halloween Bingo squares but I'm not sure which one. Although there is that segment with the haunted railway track, I'm not sure it plays a big enough role for "Haunted Houses". I may use it for "Supernatural" though, and it could of course also be used for "Murder Most Foul" and "Darkest London" (I'm still trying to save The Furthest Station for Darkest London).