tannat

Tannat

Not so much a blog; just lots of books

Why Shoot a Butler?
Georgette Heyer
Whispers Under Ground
Ben Aaronovitch, Kobna Holdbrook-Smith
Progress: 422/615minutes
Kushiel's Dart
Jacqueline Carey
Progress: 18%
Moby-Dick: or, The Whale (Penguin Classics)
Herman Melville
The Long War
Stephen Baxter, Terry Pratchett
Progress: 68/501pages

My Halloween Bingo Card

I've decided to just keep a single post for my bingo card. Called squares have purple boxes around them and read squares have coloured pumpkins.

I'm back to having my squares called. I was starting to find my card confusing, so I lightened the colour of the pumpkins on squares that haven't been called yet.

Completed reads have links to reviews (however short they may be); in-progress reads are in italics.

Diverse voices

Murder most foul: The Germanicus Mosaic by Rosemary Rowe [several murders take place]

Cozy mystery: A Knit Before Dying by Sadie Hartwell [cozy mystery that takes places in a small town where MC runs a yarn shop]

Serial/spree killer

Locked room mystery: Murder in Mesopotamia by Agatha Christie [woman murdered in her room that can only be accessed via the courtyard]

Magical realism

Classic noir: The Thin Man by Dashiell Hammett [lots of drinking and man's man stuff]

Vampires: Carpe Jugulum by Terry Pratchett [there are vampires]

Country house mystery

WerewolvesThe Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

In the dark, dark woods: The Iron Hand of Mars by Lindsey Davis [creepy Teutoberg forest scenes]

Witches: The Witches of Lychford by Paul Cornell [Judith is a witch]

Free Space: Moon Over Soho by Ben Aaronovitch (audiobook)

Supernatural:

Amateur sleuth:

Aliens:

Chilling children:

Gothic:

Ghost: Midnight Riot by Ben Aaronovitch (audiobook) [ghosts of Nicholas Wallpenny, Henry Pyke]