tannat

Tannat

Not so much a blog; just lots of books

Kushiel's Dart
Jacqueline Carey
Progress: 2%
Sex at Dawn: The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality
Cacilda Jethá, Christopher Ryan, Allyson Johnson, Jonathan Davis
Within the Hollow Crown: A Valiant King's Struggle to Save His Country, His Dynasty, and His Love
Margaret Campbell Barnes
Progress: 57/333pages
Moby-Dick: or, The Whale (Penguin Classics)
Herman Melville
Progress: 18%
The Long War
Stephen Baxter, Terry Pratchett
Progress: 68/501pages

What Angels Fear DNF @ 13%.

What Angel Fear (Book 1) - C.S. Harris

There isn't anything really wrong with this book; it's just failing to draw me in. I'm pretty sure the events of chapter seven aren't supposed elicit a sigh.

They go to to arrest our hero Sebastian for the actress's murder, one of the constables draws a knife and accidentally mortally wounds the other constable. Then the first constable blames it all on Sebastian and Sebastian flees in a stolen hansom.

(show spoiler)

Anyway, I'm just not feeling it and Sebastian feels a little too perfect and world-weary for me at the moment, so I figure I'll move on. I was trying to read this for booklikes-opoly square Mystery 25 "Read a book that's tagged historical mystery" since it takes place in 1811 (does it count as Regency era if they're just talking about the Regency and it hasn't happened yet?). I did read more than 10% of the book though, so I'm going to count the 44 pages that I read as $2 for my booklikes-opoly bank and move on.

New bank balance: $237