tannat

Tannat

Not so much a blog; just lots of books

The Grace Year
Kim Liggett
The New Voices of Science Fiction
Jamie Wahls, Sarah Pinkser, Vina Jie-Min Prasad, Rebecca Roanhorse, S. Qiouyi Lu, Darcie Little Badger, Kelly Robson, Nino Cipri, Amal El-Mohtar, Sam J. Miller, E. Lily Yu, Alice Sola Kim, Suzanne Palmer, Alexander Weinstein, Rich Larson
Progress: 13%
Progress: 22%
Le premier jour
Marc Levy
Progress: 180/496pages
Moby-Dick: or, The Whale (Penguin Classics)
Herman Melville
Progress: 68/501pages

The Tavern in the Morning by Alys Clare

The Tavern in the Morning - Alys Clare

Series: Hawkenlye #3

A man is poisoned at the inn in Tonbridge, but it looks like he wasn’t the intended target. Josse d’Acquin investigates and stumbles into something bigger. There was less of the New Age Druidic stuff in this one but there was a wise woman and a reference to far-seeing so I’m really hoping this series doesn’t continue this trend. I can’t really get into what I didn’t like about this one without getting into spoilers, but I’ll just say that some of the conversations with a certain woman were eye-roll worthy. Overall it was okay, but I hope the next books take a turn toward the mysteries and don’t treat them so much as an afterthought.

I read this for booklikes-opoly square Adventureland 27 “Read a book…that has a tree on the cover”. There are several trees on the cover, so I’m counting the 245 pages as another $6 for my bank, bringing the total to $196.