tannat

Tannat

Not so much a blog; just lots of books

Infidel
Kameron Hurley
Any Other Name
Emma Newman
Moby-Dick: or, The Whale (Penguin Classics)
Herman Melville
Manifold: Time
Stephen Baxter, Chris Schluep
Progress: 99/480pages
The Long War
Stephen Baxter, Terry Pratchett
Progress: 68/501pages

Booklikes-opoly Turn 22 (June 25th)

It's still the 25th where I am and I finished A Place of Execution a little while ago tonight so I decided to roll again. I got doubles! But snake eyes.

"Read a book with water on the cover, or where someone turns on the waterworks (i.e., cries) because of an emotional event."

So unless someone can tell me that someone cries in Ghost Talkers by Mary Robinette Kowal (a library book I need to get around to), it looks like I'll be looking for water on a cover. So let's see:

One Hundred Ablutions - Jacqueline Carey  The Malice - Peter C. Newman

One Hundred Ablutions is a short story. I suppose I could read it and then read Ghost Talkers and see if I can use it instead. Or read Ghost Talkers first.

Anyway, for my second roll:

So I guess I'll be looking for "thriller" books...

Hey, it turns out that my current audiobook, The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman, is tagged as thriller. I'm about 30% through it, so based on a page count of 204, I'd be able to count about 144 pages once I finished it. So that's a possibility.

Some other options for #26:

What Angels Fear - C.S. Harris  By Gaslight: A Novel - Steven D. Price  The Lamp of the Wicked - Phil Rickman  Ashes of the Elements - Alys Clare