tannat

Tannat

Not so much a blog; just lots of books

The Grace Year
Kim Liggett
The New Voices of Science Fiction
Jamie Wahls, Sarah Pinkser, Vina Jie-Min Prasad, Rebecca Roanhorse, S. Qiouyi Lu, Darcie Little Badger, Kelly Robson, Nino Cipri, Amal El-Mohtar, Sam J. Miller, E. Lily Yu, Alice Sola Kim, Suzanne Palmer, Alexander Weinstein, Rich Larson
Progress: 13%
Progress: 22%
Le premier jour
Marc Levy
Progress: 180/496pages
Moby-Dick: or, The Whale (Penguin Classics)
Herman Melville
Progress: 68/501pages

Queens’ Play by Dorothy Dunnett

Queens' Play - Dorothy Dunnett

Series: Lymond Chronicles #2

Francis Crawford goes undercover to help protect little Queen Mary from the attempts on her life disguised as accidents. Of course he does this in a completely Lymond style where he almost gets sent home his first week and he’s later suspected of doing things he didn’t do. It was a fun novel and easier to read than the first one, but it didn’t have nearly as many aha moments that made the first book so great. I also found the ending to be a bit of a downer, but I do plan on reading the rest of the series.

I read this for the Water Works booklikes-opoly square “Read a book with water on the cover”. At 496 pages, this nets me another $5 for my bank which brings my total balance to $92.

I think I’m going to do a tally at the end of how many times I landed on each square because there are a lot of repeats…

Previous updates: