tannat

Tannat

Not so much a blog; just lots of books

The Grace Year
Kim Liggett
The New Voices of Science Fiction
Jamie Wahls, Sarah Pinkser, Vina Jie-Min Prasad, Rebecca Roanhorse, S. Qiouyi Lu, Darcie Little Badger, Kelly Robson, Nino Cipri, Amal El-Mohtar, Sam J. Miller, E. Lily Yu, Alice Sola Kim, Suzanne Palmer, Alexander Weinstein, Rich Larson
Progress: 13%
Progress: 22%
Le premier jour
Marc Levy
Progress: 180/496pages
Moby-Dick: or, The Whale (Penguin Classics)
Herman Melville
Manifold: Time
Stephen Baxter, Chris Schluep
Progress: 99/480pages
The Long War
Stephen Baxter, Terry Pratchett
Progress: 68/501pages

Reading progress update: I've read 53%.

Queens' Play - Dorothy Dunnett

So far this book doesn't seem quite as engaging as the first one, although it is an easier read.  Less poetry but also fewer moments of awesome. I will admit that I was taken in by Lymond's disguise, however. Lymond has gone disguised to the French court to help protect the young Queen Mary who has been having "accidents".

I am just barely halfway through, so it's fairly safe to say that the shit has yet to hit the fan, and there may be plenty of awesomeness ahead.

I doubt I'll be able to finish tonight, but hopefully I'll be able to finish early enough tomorrow to be able to roll again. Hopefully. Perhaps next turn I shall choose a shorter book.

ETA (from a few pages later): Ok, I wasn't expecting THAT.

Btw, how does one pronounce the Irish name Oonagh?

Another edit: Apparently it's oo-nah, so it's just like Una, really. I'm assuming that's a name. It sounds like a name.