tannat

Tannat

Not so much a blog; just lots of books

Unmentionable: The Victorian Lady's Guide to Sex, Marriage, and Manners
Therese Oneill
Murder on the Orient Express: A Hercule Poirot Mystery (Audio)
Agatha Christie, Dan Stevens
Progress: 83/397minutes
The Last Alchemist in Paris: & Other Curious Tales from Chemistry
Lars Ohrstrom
Progress: 90/226pages
Monstrous Little Voices: New Tales From Shakespeare's Fantasy World
Adrian Tchaikovsky, Kate Heartfield, Foz Meadows, Emma Newman, Jonathan Barnes
Within the Hollow Crown: A Valiant King's Struggle to Save His Country, His Dynasty, and His Love
Margaret Campbell Barnes
Progress: 12/333pages
Moby-Dick: or, The Whale (Penguin Classics)
Herman Melville
The Long War
Stephen Baxter, Terry Pratchett
Progress: 68/501pages

April Wrap-Up

I finished 17 books in April. I have to credit the start of the booklikes-opoly game and some time off for letting me ramp up my reading. In previous months, I've only managed 11 or 12. By summarizing the books here, I can see that I had quite a few good books although no really awesome ones.

4 stars

Wild Seed - Octavia E. Butler

3.5 stars

Hexed - Kevin Hearne  Yarned and Dangerous - Sadie Hartwell  Rivers of London: Volume 2 - Night Witch - Ben Aaronovitch,Lee Sullivan Hill,Andrew Cartmel  Under Heaven - Guy Gavriel Kay  Explorer - C.J. Cherryh  A Pint of Murder (A Madoc and Janet Rhys Mystery) - Alisa Craig,Charlotte MacLeod  In the Garden of Iden - Kage Baker

2.5 stars

Deepwater Black: The Complete Adventure (H SF) - Ken Catran The Semester of Our Discontent - Cynthia Kuhn

2 stars

Use of Weapons - Iain M. Banks The Sorcerer of the Wildeeps - Kai Ashante Wilson  A Symphony of Echoes - Jodi Taylor  The Big Over Easy - Jasper Fforde  You're Saying It Wrong: A Pronunciation Guide to the 150 Most Commonly Mispronounced Words--and Their Tangled Histories of Misuse - Ross Petras,Kathryn Petras

1 star