tannat

Tannat

Not so much a blog; just lots of books

Kushiel's Dart
Jacqueline Carey
Progress: 2%
Sex at Dawn: The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality
Cacilda Jethá, Christopher Ryan, Allyson Johnson, Jonathan Davis
Within the Hollow Crown: A Valiant King's Struggle to Save His Country, His Dynasty, and His Love
Margaret Campbell Barnes
Progress: 57/333pages
Moby-Dick: or, The Whale (Penguin Classics)
Herman Melville
Stephen Baxter, Terry Pratchett
Progress: 68/501pages

Revised Turn 8 with Bonus Rolls

My original roll was

Age of Myth: Book One of The Legends of the First Empire - Michael J. Sullivan  (432 pages)

Although anything by Adrian Tchaikovsky would also have fit...

My first bonus roll

Neverwhere: Author's Preferred Text - Neil Gaiman (215 pages)

Now, I was at 36% in Neverwhere when I rolled it, so based on the hardcover pagecount of 336, the remainder of the book will count as 215 pages. It's just so perfect for this square and I need to finish it by tomorrow. Eep. I'd better stop posting and start cracking...

But first things first, my second bonus roll:

The Butterfly Garden - Dot Hutchison (276 pages)

Since the start is a free space and you can read any book.

Finally, my third bonus roll:

Hogfather (Discworld, #20) - Terry Pratchett (445 pages) The Once and Future King - T.H. White,Neville Jason (692-864 pages/33 hrs)

I was originally thinking that Hogfather would be perfect since it's the next book in my Discworld reread and there's the talking raven but then I remembered that I had The Once and Future King on audio and I think it fits the "Classic" Fantasy published before 2000 part. It's super long though (33 hours), so I'm not sure I want to use it to be able to roll again a couple days early. Any thoughts?

Anyway, we'll see if I manage to roll again before the end of the week. That's a lot of reading lined up, and I didn't do that much of it this weekend.

I forgot to add my board:

Also edited for sense. Perhaps I should sleep soon.

Wow, edited again for sense.