tannat

Tannat

Not so much a blog; just lots of books

The Grace Year
Kim Liggett
The New Voices of Science Fiction
Jamie Wahls, Sarah Pinkser, Vina Jie-Min Prasad, Rebecca Roanhorse, S. Qiouyi Lu, Darcie Little Badger, Kelly Robson, Nino Cipri, Amal El-Mohtar, Sam J. Miller, E. Lily Yu, Alice Sola Kim, Suzanne Palmer, Alexander Weinstein, Rich Larson
Progress: 13%
Progress: 22%
Le premier jour
Marc Levy
Progress: 180/496pages
Moby-Dick: or, The Whale (Penguin Classics)
Herman Melville
Progress: 68/501pages

A Symphony of Echoes by Jodi Taylor

A Symphony of Echoes - Jodi Taylor

Series: Chronicles of St Mary's #2

I'm still not a big fan of this series. Once again this was just ok. Once again the events were a series of péripéties although they formed a more cohesive plot this time around. I honestly thought this one might be better than the previous one despite the weird introduction of supernatural elements. I was going to forgive the Jack the Ripper thing somewhat but then the visions happened. I don't really see what the point was with doing that to Jack the Ripper. I suppose it might come back in a future book.

I think part of it is that I just don't enjoy reading Max all that much although I think I liked her voice a bit better this time around. There were some really silly things that happened though, and some of the plot elements just seemed forced. So I may not pursue this series.