tannat

Tannat

Not so much a blog; just lots of books

Kushiel's Dart
Jacqueline Carey
Progress: 2%
Sex at Dawn: The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality
Cacilda Jethá, Christopher Ryan, Allyson Johnson, Jonathan Davis
Within the Hollow Crown: A Valiant King's Struggle to Save His Country, His Dynasty, and His Love
Margaret Campbell Barnes
Progress: 57/333pages
Moby-Dick: or, The Whale (Penguin Classics)
Herman Melville
The Long War
Stephen Baxter, Terry Pratchett
Progress: 68/501pages

20 Books of Summer / Bingo Update 3

I hadn't realized I'd gone quite this long without posting an update.  Since pretty much everyone except me has already bingo'd, I was trying to group a few books together for each post...so now it appears I'm adding four this time around.

I'm counting The Tao of Pooh (audio version) as the "Read in a boat, tent or cabin" space since it was read entirely in the car.  Really, unless I look up which parks might have a gazebo or I take a ferry at some point, that's as close as I'm going get to any of those things this summer.  The other ones that I'm adding are pretty straightforward.

My 20 Books of Summer:

1. Romance: Emma by Jane Austen
2. Fantasy: Baba Yaga's Daughter and Other Tales of the Old Races by C. E. Murphy
3. Beach, sand or sun on the cover: Thing Explainer by Randall Munroe
4. First book of a new series: Written in Red by Anne Bishop
5. Read in a boat, tent or cabin: The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff, read by Simon Vance
6. Mystery or Suspense: The Inspector and Mrs Jeffries by Emily Brightwell
7. A blast from the past: historical fiction: A Bloody Field by Shrewsbury by Edith Pargeter
8. Summer word in the title: Summer Lightning by P. G. Wodehouse, read by John Wells

I'm still not sure where I'll put Venetia (Heyer) since there are a couple options. Hmm, I wonder if it could count as "Road trip" as well, since they certainly spend a lot of time travelling around. Don't worry, I don't think I'll be going out on that limb.

I also have to start and finish The Bone Clocks (David Mitchell) by Thursday and Children of Time (Adrian Tchaikovsky) by Saturday.  For the YA/children's book, I've requested The Graveyard Book (Gaiman) from the library, but it hasn't come yet.